Ok… so by now you do know that i went on a quest for the best Gemista in Greece, but while doing that i got lost in other type of delicious food, right?
So, i had NO CHOICE. Make my own gemista coming back home!
And, yes the greek might have different ways of doing it, but this it a pretty good one trust me!
Ingredients for 4 people
-8 big juicy tomatoes
– 240 gr of parboiled rice (or arborio, but i do prefer parboiled)
– 1 shallot and 1 garlic clove
– 1 glass of white wine
– oil (extra virgin olive oil)
– salt, pepper, basil and coriander (or persil if you prefer) – and if you have, add fresh oregano
How to proceed:
1. open the top of each tomato and empty them in a bowl. then put some salt inside the emptied tomatoes
2. mix the tomatoes with the onions, garlic, winne, herbs and spices. I prefer to use immersion blender.
3. add the oil and the rice, and stir
4. fill the emptied tomatoes with the mix in the bowl, close the tomatoes with the caps you cut out… and
5. cook in the oven for 45 minutes at 170 °C!
And bon appetit!